Friday, August 31, 2018

The Digital Divide in Education Response

The digital divide is a way for schools to argue that technology is taking over and not in a good way. I completely understand what the author is saying about many kids not being able to afford laptops, computers, internet etc, but that being said, there are many solutions to that problem. Schools could offer more library time or even allow students to take home and borrow the laptops that the school provides. Another argument being made is that students who come from low income homes have lower computer literacy skills due to many of them not having access to computers. Since technology is so prominent I feel that schools should be able to incorporate classes in where computer literacy skills are improved. This could really aid in fixing the digital divide.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm. The Digital Divide is a phenomenon beyond schools. That's absolutely the context for our discussion of it, but it doesn't end there. I guess when I think of this topic, it's very much a social justice issue for me. How can we create equitable classrooms, schools, and societies, and what policies can help us do that?

    ReplyDelete

Single Story Digital Narrative Reflection

Link to my video:  I loved this project. Doing a video project has actually become enjoyable for me because I feel confident in making a v...